Ref. : Netview & Ciscoworks

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Ref. : Netview & Ciscoworks
From: Thierry Van Mol <thierry.van-mol@CIEV.VD.CH>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:18:40 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

If you cannot demand poll, I would suspect a problem with snmp. Can you
use the mib browser to query those devices?

The other potential problem with Configuration Manager is the tftp daemon.

Check the existence and the permissions of the directory /tftpboot, and check
that
the /etc/inetd.conf file tells tftpd to use this directory. A line should read:

tftp  dgram  udp  wait nobody   /usr/sbin/tftpd  tftpd -n -d /tftpboot

Good luck,

Thierry

Thierry Van Mol                            email: thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch
Centre Informatique de l'Etat de Vaud      Tel: 41 (0) 21 316 27 05