Re: CiscoWorks2000 on Netview 5.1 -Reply

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CiscoWorks2000 on Netview 5.1 -Reply
From: Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:36:09 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is there hope?,for those of us planning on  NV/AIX/CiscoWorks2000 to share one
server.
Should we begin looking at other platforms for CIscoWorks2000?. We are phasing
out 3Com and replacing them with cat5000 & 5500.
I do not understand what you mean when you say,  "similar integration has with
the CiscoWork 4.0 product"
Gil Irizarry
>>> <Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM> 10/30/98 07:55am >>>
Tivoli Verification ran a smoke test in lab and found that the Solaris and
NT versions of CiscoWorks 2000 do not appear to integrate with NetView
V5.1.   The Beta version of CiscoWorks 2000 for AIX that we ran has the
similar integration has with the CiscoWork 4.0 product.

On Solaris and NT, since there is not integration with NetView, I do not
see a reason why both can not run on the same machine, if the machine is
big enough.

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com              Http: www.tivoli.com

BANDIERAMONTE Miguel TECSIS <TCSBTE@TECSIS.COM> on 10/30/98 07:12:14 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>