Re: Loading MIB's in SNMPv2 format

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Loading MIB's in SNMPv2 format
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:28:43 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Here is some additional info. about SNMPv2 MIBs:  while you can load v2 MIBs
with the xnmloadmib2 utility, you CANNOT use the SNMP data collector on v2
MIBs.  The xnmcollect utility will only work with the "old" MIB database.
It cannot access any MIBs in the "new" v2 MIB database:
/usr/OV/conf/snmpv2mib.bin.  I went through this with NetView Support
earlier this year, and was told that this functionality was not provided,
and I need to submit an enhancement request.  What I ended up doing was
getting an SNMPv1 version of the MIB file from Cisco (they have a utility
that will convert SNMPv2 MIB files to SNMPv1 format).