Re: NetView design recommendations

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView design recommendations
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:23:10 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Another possibility to consider is the use of the new "attended MLM"
functionality of Netview 5.1 for NT for the 5 major sites.  If each region
will be responsible for its own maps, anyway, this would give them full
functionality of managing their region without taxing a WAN link to pull the
data from the central server.

And I second Art's comment about the web browser...5.1 is greatly enhanced
and is the best way to connect any operator-type folks who will be
monitoring the network.