Moving NV into a different TMR

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Moving NV into a different TMR
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:24:53 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We have two production NV systems for redundancy.  Currently, these systems
are in there own TMR with the TMR servers being the NV systems itself.  In
fact, the only managed node in each TMR is the TMR server (i.e., the NV
system).  We want to get the full integration with NV 5.1 and T/EC 3.6, so
we need to create one TMR which includes the T/EC server and the 2
production NV systems.

So, is it possible to move one of the NV systems from its TMR (let's call it
TMR B) into the other TMR (let's call it TMR A) *without* reinstalling NV
from the TMR server in TMR A (i.e., the other NV server and TMR server in
TMR A)?  If I need to de-install NV in TMR B, can I just run a NV migrate
before removing and then the new install from TMR A server will pick up the
migrated files when it installs it again onto the old TMR B server?   Are
there any performance disadvantages in having the TMR server on the NV
system when T/EC is also a managed node in the same TMR as NV?    Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123