Re: Firmware version

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Firmware version
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:22:05 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Alain,

I'm pretty sure you can get this sort of information if you access
the System Management Services menus during startup.  In the
past this has been accessible by pressing the F4 or F1 keys while
the device icons are being displayed but you will very likely need
to reference your F40 documentation.  It's probably a good idea to
read about this anyway to start with.

It's good to know how to
do this in any event for various reasons ( ie. upgrading firmware,
changing bootlist, etc ).   From memory the F40 has ROM based
SMS so you don't need a diskette.

Regards,

Simon Long