Re: Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Collections
From: Scott Wilson <swilson@RPM.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:48:19 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I believe that this is a result of the fact that the object is added to the
collection as soon as it is discovered, but the collection daemon will not
update icons after initial addition to the collection.  From the collections
submap, delete the collection in question and it will instantly be
re-created and should have the correct icons.  HTH,

Scott

Michael Dors wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> I am currently running nv6k 4.1 and have a interesting problem with
> Collections.
>
> It seems that when a new node is discovered (eg. router ) the
> collections window only displays the device as a
> generic computer (ie. box, managed ok).  In the main default IP map the
> node is properly displayed with the correct symbol.  The only way that I
> have found a fix for this is simply by recreated a new collection group.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Dors

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson@rpm.com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.