ovtopmd problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovtopmd problems
From: Charles Boyce <c.boyce@AIS-NMS.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:41:50 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I just ran into an interesting situation that I have never seen before and
it has me stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.  I recently installed
NV5.1 (Framework 3.6) on an AIX 4.3.1 system.  Unknown to me, the system was
in Y2K testing, and the date was set to the year 2017. I was up and running
for three weeks with this configuration, with many starts and stops of the
ov daemons. When the admins reset the date to the current date, they
rebooted the RS/6000.  When it came back up, ovtopmd refused to start.  The
ovtopdump and the ovtopfix utilities came back with an error saying the
topology databases could not be found.  The ovmap commands works fine.  I
looked and the databases are in the /usr/OV/databases/topo subdirectory.
The clear topology database command cleared the databases, but ovtopmd still
won't start.  Since this is a new install I'm not against reinstalling NV,
but is there another way around this.

BTW, the admins said the only change they made was the date.

Charles C. Boyce
Business e-mail - c.boyce@ais-nms.com
Business Page- http://www.ais-nms.com
Personal e-mail - charles.boyce@boycedesign.com