Re: AIX vs. Solaris Platform Recommendation ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AIX vs. Solaris Platform Recommendation ?
From: Leonard Bocock <leonard.bocock@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:16:11 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If you want performance, stay with Unix - NT still has reduced
functionality- we've run NV51on Solaris 2.5.1 and now 2.6 and there are no
issues at all - go for it.....

rgds

S W <smokew@HOTMAIL.COM> on 25/11/98 06:45:34

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Leonard I. Bocock/NZ/Unisys)
Subject:  AIX vs. Solaris Platform Recommendation ?

Hello all,

Any recommendations as to which platform to use when installing NetView
5.1. We just received an AIX box that doesn't fit our needs.
Sure, we could upgrade the hardware but, we would prefer a Solaris
platform. Are their any major advantages/disadvantages to using a
Solaris platform? Do you lose any functionality?

THX in advance

Steyland White
Network Engineer
Nortel Networks, Inc. - How the world shares ideas
swhite@baynetworks.com