Re: Upgrading from NV4.1 to TME10 -Reply -Reply

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Upgrading from NV4.1 to TME10 -Reply -Reply
From: Leonard Bocock <leonard.bocock@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:20:03 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Depends on the number of nodes you're supporting - in the release nodes
there's a formula for calculating memory requirements based on number of
nodes - from memory 128K will handle about 5000 nodes "text book approach"
and you'll need twice that in swap.  Also depends on number of clients
sessions supported and Web connections (and if you're using the Web server)

I've run it supporting 3000 nodes on 78M of RAM on an old 40Mhz Sun Sparc
with 200M swap, and it was slow but reliable!  You'll find it sluggish (a)
building the typology, and (b) if you plan to run complex rules

Cherz

Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM> on 25/11/98 09:19:11

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>