IP internet map and link down

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: IP internet map and link down
From: Yiannos Pitas <yiannos@UCY.AC.CY>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:07:51 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
On my IP Internet map, when a (leased line) link goes down,
the map's layout changes so that that the connection dissapears
and eveything beyond that appear disconnected from the
whole map.  Worse even, when the link comes up again, the
objects remain unconected.  Is this normal behavior?  How
can I disable this without loosing any functionality?  Will
disabling auto-layout take care of this?

Thanks and best regards,

Yiannos Pitas

Yiannos Pitas,                        |
Computer Center,                      |  Tel: 357-2-756186
University Of Cyprus,                 |  Fax: 357-2-756082
Kallipoleos 75,                       |  email: yiannos@ucy.ac.cy
Nicosia,                              |  http://www.ucy.ac.cy/
CYPRUS.                               |