Re: NMS data collection on true bandwidth for compressed data on

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NMS data collection on true bandwidth for compressed data on seri al WAN links
From: Koo Lawrence <lkoo@WOOLWORTHS.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:00:31 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we are using hardware compression and the MIB sits behind the
compression adapter in regards of the WAN links. And if you look at the
following MIB variable under the Cisco branch:

.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoCompressoinServiceAdapterMIB.ciscoCSAMIBObjects.csaSta
ts.csaStatsTable \
.csaStatsEntry.csaCompressionRatio

it (so is .csaDecompressionRatio) only gives a single aggregate value for
the compression service. So there is no way to calcuate the true compressed
bandwidth utilised.

I may need to make a request call to Cisco regarding this.

Thanks for your help again.

Regards,
Lawrence