Re: Unexpected card in nvevents cards view

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Unexpected card in nvevents cards view
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:22:23 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
A bug? Dunno.   Doesn't happen on any of my systems.
Do lslpp -ha nv6000.base.obj and determine the latest PTF you have
installed.  How far back are you?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Sergio Costa Lage <slage@ROCKETMAIL.COM> on 12/04/98 01:04:17 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
Subject:  Unexpected card in nvevents cards view

>From main workspace in nvevents, I have cleared all events:
Select All->Clear All Selected->From This Workspace (context menu)

Then, I changed from cards view to list view. Ok, no events in list.
So, I changed back from list view to cards view and one event card
appeared in card view. It was selected, but the option "select all"
was not available. I selected the list view again and there was no
event there. No trap came in during the test. Going back to cards
view, the event was still there. And there was no way to clear it.

Is it a bug fixed in some ptf I have not installed?

I am running NetView 4.1.2 on AIX 4.1.5.

===
Sergio Costa Lage
slage@rocketmail.com
Network Management Section