Re: ifor_ls with AIX 4.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ifor_ls with AIX 4.3
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:17:44 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I had one of those and took a stab at just editing the nodelock file and
filling it
in with fields from fields from the files on the CDs. It was kind of clear
what went
where, based on the TimeBomb records that were already in there. The
timebomb popups then quit coming, so I assume it worked. Since then I did
a 4.2 system and all the parts were there to run the commands in the
instructions
that come with the CDs. It was a hack, so if someone has a better answer,
please
fill us in!

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

I have Nways Campus Manager 1.2.2 products on a system that I have
migrated from AIX 4.2.1 to AIX 4.3.1.  On trying to install the
permanent license keys I am getting "/var/ifor/i4nat: not found".  It's
right - the program is no longer there.  smit shows that
bos.ifor_ls.client is at 4.2.1.0 and bos.rte. ifor_ls  is at 4.3.1.0 -
there is no bos.ifor_ls.client on the aix 4.3.1 media.

Please can anyone help before my Nways licences run out?
Thanks, Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 1998 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.