Re: Netmon Not Starting on NT 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon Not Starting on NT 5.1
From: Mark Sklenarik <Mark_Sklenarik@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:56:24 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
What does the nv.log say about startup?
What deamons are not starting?

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com              Http: www.tivoli.com

Kris Berg <kris_berg@TNB.COM> on 12/09/98 07:42:32 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Mark Sklenarik)
Subject:  Netmon Not Starting on NT 5.1

Hey Everyone!

I am in need of some help on getting the Netmon daemonstarted on an
installation of NT 5.1 on a single user platform.  The platform is
running a 233 Intel processor, 128meg of RAM, NT with service pack 4.
I have set up SNMP service including all known community names for our
network.  SNMP is working correctly on the machine as my Netview AIX
box has seen it and updated the icon information.  Anybody have any
ideas?  I was running Netview NT 5.0 and had no problems with any
daemons.

Thanks in advance!

Kris Berg
kris_berg@tnb.com