Re: Events in the Event log are delayed by almost an hour

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Events in the Event log are delayed by almost an hour
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:29:20 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is almost always (I have never seen a case where it has not been) a
name resolution issue.  If you are using DNS, then that is where I would
look first.  Every trap has at least two addresses to resolve into host
names, first by trapd, then by nvcorrd, and perhaps others depending on
your rulesets.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Desai, Aditya" <DesaiA@USA.REDCROSS.ORG> on 12/11/98 10:11:06 AM