SNMPCollector Dies Ungracefully

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMPCollector Dies Ungracefully
From: Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:33:50 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vince Rosso@TRANSALTA
11/12/98 09:33 AM

We are running Netview 4.1 on a Digital Unix platform.   Last night the
SNMP Collector died and created a core dump ... also earlier in the evening
the server itself auto booted for no apparent reason  ... this may be
unrelated.    I stopped and restarted all daemons and restarted Netview.
Things are fine for about an hour and then the SNMP Collector crashes again
with a resulting core file.   I'm not sure of the best approach to trouble
shoot this ie. can I run in a debug mode that will create log files etc.
Also is there some way of viewing the core file where you can actually get
useful information from it.   Any help  or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.