Re: Why do I have a Network 0.0.0.0 ??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Why do I have a Network 0.0.0.0 ??
From: Michael Seibold PTS/M-SW <mseibold@STR.DAIMLER-BENZ.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:33:13 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Mark,

it seems to be a device which is not well configured. It is very
difficult to find out where these traps are coming from, sometimes you
can find the name of the trapsender within the text of the trap. If not,
maybe the type of the trap leads you to the type of machine (eg. cisco
switch, 3Com hub, ...) and makes it easier to find the device.

Michael Seibold