AW: Blue status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: Blue status
From: "Brunschede, Gerd" <Gerd.Brunschede@HIK.FZK.DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:44:08 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Moise Dignard [mailto:DignardM@STENTOR.CA]
Gesendet am: Montag, 14. Dezember 1998 19:31
An: NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Betreff: Blue status

This is something that's been bugging me for a while. I have a node on my
NetView map that shows up blue. Sometimes it is green (but very rarely),
it is blue 90 % of the time. But even if it's blue, I can ping or Telnet to
it with no problem. I know that blue means "UNKNOWN". But I don't
understand why, or what is causing this interface to be blue. Is there
anyone that seen this problem before, and is there any solutions to get it
green again ?

Thank You
Moe

I have a similiar problem with one node on two diffeent submaps. On the
first submap
the node appears in green colour and on the second submap (this is a
collection-map)
the same node appears in blue colour. Until now nothing helped:
unmanage/manage or
unacknowlage/acknowlage or ping demand poll. The object-Information is for
both submaps
exactly the same.

Could it be, that there is a bug. We run Netview V5.0 on RS6K with AIX
4.2.1.

Gerd Brunschede
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH
HIK