Re: Checking a port or service on NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Checking a port or service on NT
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:52:02 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jeff,
If you're using NetView NT V5.1 ... then the status-check will work.

Let's say you have a config-file with the following single entry
(called c:\usr\ov\conf\web_servers.conf)

isHTTPSupported|80|WebServers|Web Server|||*

If can do a config-check with the following line:

nvsniffer -v -t 1 -T 5 -c d:\usr\ov\conf\web_servers.conf

Once the "WebServers" smart-set is in-place, you can do the
status check with the following command:

nvsniffer -v -s -t 1 -T 5 -r 15 -c d:\usr\ov\conf\web_servers.conf

The "-s" switch will initiate the status-check.
The "-r 15" will do the check every 15 minutes (via at job).

It works for me.  If you're still having problems, then drop me
a line.

nvsniffer -?    ...will give you some quick help.

Regards,

Gary Boyles             gary.p.boyles@intel.com