Re: detecting a Cisco c5500 type

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: detecting a Cisco c5500 type
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:26:54 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Denny,

Can you include the precise details of what you've done - this shouldn't
be hard to fix, but until we know the details we would be indulging in
speculation.  Details needed:-

1. Unique OID identified for the Cisco c5500
2. Verification of snmp response
3. Actual changes made to oid_to_type and oid_to_sym files
4. Subsequent actions taken to make the daemons aware of the
    adjustments to oid_to_type;  and restarts of the GUI to make
    ipmap aware of the new symbol mappings.
5. How you attempted rediscovery of the offending nodes.
6. What makes you think you have a problem.

Regards,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd