OS/2-LAN-Network-Manager

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: OS/2-LAN-Network-Manager
From: Winfried Gehrig <Winfried.Gehrig@SKF.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:03:59 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello Don,

we are using LAN-Network-Manager Version 2 (LNM/2,2.0) to our full
satisfaction on
a OS/2-platform. The operating system is Warp-Connect with 128MB RAM.
The box is perfoming very good.

We are monitoring our whole worldwide network with it.

Also our latest hardware and software also supports this fine platform,
which is able to
display the exact Token-Ring-neighbourhoods of all adapters.
For example,  Cisco-Routers can support the bridge-function with the
command LNM-enable.
Also our latest switch-systems from NORTEL, former BAY, the Centillion
series support the
good old LAN Network Manager.
Every TR-Switch-Port can be seen as Source-Route-bridge. Also the
ATM-Backbone is displayed
in Source-Route-Bridge-sheme.
The whole worldwide router network is displayed as one logical ring.

The tool is very good for recovering from beaconing and soft-error
conditions.
We have linked around 80 bridges to this machine.
Also for monitoring Network adapter, we make use of this very good tool.

If You are interested, I can give You detail HW-descriptions beginning of
New-Year.

We also make use of the Netview and Optivity, but these tools are not able
to display basic
Token-Ring defects.

Have a nice Christmas and a happy new Year

                      ```
                     (o o)
Winfried Gehrig          Winfried.Gehrig@skf.com
SKF GmbH                FON  ++49(0)9721 56 3077
Schweinfurt(Germany)    FAX  ++49(0)9721 56 3266

Our bearings turn the planet
http://www.skf.com