Re: Setting a Home submap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Setting a Home submap
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:11:58 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I suspect that it was not hung. That function, and one other that involves
presenting
you with a list of all possible submaps takes a long time to come up. There
is
apparently a HUGE amount of work to be done to build a list of all possible
submaps.
That includes one for every node, segment, and network. I always groan
loudly when
I accidentally hit those menu selections, then go for a smoke. Wait it out,
It works.

I've created new maps for specific users and I want to set a different Home
submap, other than Root, when they bring NetView up.  I tried to set the
submap from the Options --> Set Home Submap pull down menu on NetView, but
it just hangs and causes the ovw process to run at high CPU.  Is there a
known problem with the function?  Is there another way of setting the Home
submap outside of the GUI (maybe in a file)?.................Lucy