Installation of TIPN

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Installation of TIPN
From: Valory Batchellor <valory_batchellor@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:55:02 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Anders,
Haven't seen a reply to this go past yet....

I installed TIPN in a test environment in November. My environment was =
solid
3.6 (no migration). Like you, I found the installation documentation co=
nfusing.
I think I applied the superpatch even although I had 3.6. As far as I c=
an
remember (the test environment is long gone now) you don't actually nee=
d it if
you have 3.6. I don't think it did any harm putting it on though.

To be absolutely safe, do you have a test machine you could try it out =
on? I
frequently put several Tivoli apps on one RS6000 to try out installatio=
ns, and
that usually lets me find out all I need to know.

If you need any more help, please feel free to mail me directly, and I'=
ll help
if I can.

Regards,
                      Valory
ISC, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN, England.
Phone: Ext: (44)-1962-818045. Int: 24-8045. Fax: (44)-1962-81-8191
IEA: GBIBMDMP at IBMMAIL. Internet:valory_batchellor@uk.ibm.com