Re: CPU utilization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CPU utilization
From: Stefan Schickling <schickl@MUS.DE>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:19:05 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Jeanie,

it should be enough memory, the default size of ovwdb-cache (not
netmon-cache, sorry) with 5000 k should be ok, too. to check this,
please use  ovobjprint -S  and you will get information about
database-usage.

Another performance problem can depend on DNS. Every action the
snmp-manager perform depend on an nameserver-request. to reduce
network-load and waittime, insert your monitored devices in the local
host file and edit the   /etc/netsvc.conf with following line:
hosts=local,bind

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards

Stefan Schickling
Technical Consultant
m+s Elektronik AG

eMail:  stefan_schickling@mus.de