Searching For & Deleting and Object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Searching For & Deleting and Object
From: Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:04:43 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vince Rosso@TRANSALTA
08/01/99 11:04 AM

We are running Netview 4.1 on a Digital Unix platform.  After running
"ovtopofix -a " the log that is printed shows a couple of nodes with the
message as follows:
"nodename (20540) - - removed from topology, still in 1 maps"
"nodename (20540) - - Please delete object from all maps"
"Updating nodename (objid = 20539)"

After running ovobjprint, ovtopodump and ovmapdump the results all show the
new objid of 20539, but I can't find any reference to the objid 20540.   Is
there any way to search by object ID rather than host name.   Is there some
other means to delete references to the old object id.  Thanks!