Stumped

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Stumped
From: Craig Morgan <craig.morgan@MINDSPRING.COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:40:56 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello all,

NetView V5.1 Install

Background information: The customer is upgrading from NetView V3.1 to V5.1.
The older machine has the same IP address (they are not on the network at
the same time). When I try to discover the network I cannot discover one of
their Cisco Routers. I have discovered another router with the same Cisco
code (11.2.15A). The SNMP community strings are correct, but it's strange
because the older version of NetView shows the device. Also, the customer
has an access list on each router, but the older machine is still able the
see the device. Any suggestions would be great.

I didn't do it; Nobody saw me do it;
You can't prove anything