Getting the Event Log Message to a pager.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Getting the Event Log Message to a pager.
From: Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:31:06 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi , I know that the severity value isn't available as an environment
variable when executing an action or sending the trap to a pager, anyone
know of a way to access the Event Log Message as a variable ??

How else are we supposed to be able to page someone and supply a text
message describing what occurred ?

The only other way I can think of is use a script like the one someone sent
last week which extracted the severity level details out of trapd.conf on
the fly.

Mark