Re: LIBPATH disappears

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: LIBPATH disappears
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 06:24:26 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Can't explain why, but what is what works for me is to use .kshrc.
In .dtprofile, make sure the .profile will be sourced.
In .profile, just put  export ENV=$HOME/.kshr
In .kshrc put everything else, including the sourcing of the Tivoli
environment. When you start the Netview map via the Tivoli
context menu, you can use the .kshrc as the optional script to
pass environment variables to the Netview environment, as well.
This arrangement works whether you use the CDE or not, and
whether you start Netview from Tivoli or from the commandline.

Hi everybody

Netview 5.1, AIX 4.2.1 - new install

We have a strange problem where our user gets his LIBPATH variable wiped
after it is set by /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

we can however set it up manually once we are logged in but we don't
understand why only LIBPATH gets wiped.

Our current environment is setup such that...

.dtprofile allow the call to .profile

.profile calls ". /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh"

It doesn't make sense !!! Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks     Phil