Router

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Router
From: Pradeep Menon <pmenon@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:28:06 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,
        Hi I am a newbie, I am using Netview 4.1 on an AIX 4.2 platform, I am
capturing Interface Bandwidth utilization on routers, (mostly CISCO routers)
through an mib expression via snmp collections. I have noticed that on partial
serial frame relay interface, the speed did not match the actual bandwidth
available.

        What I mean is that if I have  serial0 interface multiple PVCs, with
each PVCs catering to a site, when I query the isSpeed of these interfaces I
get a full T1 speed instead of the partial speed information and as a result my
calculation does not reflect the right reading.
Any workaround this problem.

        Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pradeep Menon