Re: NV6k v5.0 - loss of window control

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV6k v5.0 - loss of window control
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:16:22 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yup.  This is a Motif  problem.  There was a fix put into NetView v5.1 to
make certain that we ran with the R5 Motif libraries until AIX fixes it.
Go into your nv6000 script and add this line
     export LIBPATH=/usr/lpp/X11/lib/R5:$LIBPATH
after the line which says
     date
and before the one which begins
     if [ "$device"  = "log"]
and that should avoid the problem for now.

And please migrate the NetView V5.1.  V5.0 has no fixes available.  You can
stay there is you like of course, but Support cannot give you any fixes.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

David Barrett <David.S.Barrett@BANKAMERICA.COM> on 01/15/99 04:01:24 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>