traffix monitoring on cisco 2916/24 switches

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: traffix monitoring on cisco 2916/24 switches
From: Bob Engley <bob.engley@UALBERTA.CA>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:06:03 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm having a deuce of a time trying to get NetView to collect
traffic (ifInOctets etc) from the ports on our 2916/2924 cisco
switches . My gut feeling is that they are NOT reporting the correct
values - I have put a heavy load on some of the ports without
seeing any increase in octet counts. Also the dot1dBridge mib
frame counts do not reflect any change.....

Anyone have any experience with these cisco switches?
Any comments?  Help!

--
/in haste
/Bob