Re: Year 2000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Year 2000
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:54:27 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview 5.1 will run on AIX V4.x,  Actually, the migration from Netview V4
to Netview V5.1
 is a backup/de-install/re-install job, so you could, if you wanted to, to
the backup step on
your 4.1 system, save that off to other media, reinstall AIX 4.3.x from
scratch, restore the
backup directory, then proceed with the install of Tivoli and Netview as if
you were doing
them from scratch and the saved data will be integrated as you install
Netview V5.1.
Or if you were planning to do the migration install of AIX 4.3, you would
do that after the
backup and deinstall steps of Netview V4. The scripts for making the
special backup
are on the V5.1 CD and thoroughly covered in the release notes for V5.1.

Netview V4 will not run on AIX 4.3.

Hi,

  Just to add another query abt Y2K... I read at the web page that Netview
4 is also Y2K compliant.
I have recently upgraded added the Y2K patch for my OS level 4.1.5 (cos I
was afraid that the higher
OS level would not support my Netview)...

  Now, I'm faced with a dilemma as my customers want to upgrade to Netview
5.1 (which they are
expecting to come in very soon)... and am not sure how best to go abt
this... I mean, should I
upgrade the OS level first before the Netview upgrade or can the OS 4.1.5
support NVW 5.1?

  Thanks...

Adibah Mohd
NCS Pte Ltd