Very Newbie question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Very Newbie question
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:53:21 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all, my apologies ahead of time for this being a rather newbie question.

We will soon be implementing 5.1 to monitor our networks. I am just wondering if anyone could offer some of their opinion as to the notification options in Netview and their performance. By this I mean, if a node goes down, and I want to send an email or a page, is this easily done? I'm assuming it is. But I am also wondering if it offers any degree of intelligence in it's reporting, ie. if a group of nodes goes down, it is able to pinpoint which one is most likely the culprit..

Any advice/opinions are welcome!

Thanks for your time

Matt
mda@unb.ca