Re: Selection name not set.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Selection name not set.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:57:54 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

When you do your database maintenance, and you do 'ovtopofix -Cv',
capture the output. One section lists all of the nodes. Sort that. You will
see which ones have names and which ones don't. If you want just
routers, I would do an 'ovtopodump -rl > topo.file' and then awk that file.
For example,
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#
set -x
cat $HOME/topo.file | \
awk '/^HOSTNAME:/     {hostname=$2}
     /^FLAGS.*GATEWAY/ {print hostname}' > $HOME/rtr.list

exit

There are a couple of nicer ways to do this in V5.1.

How can I create a list over all 'routers'  with selection name not set
(selection name=some ip address) ?
Netview 5.0
AIX 4.3.1
objdb=30.000 objects.

---
Mikael Fältman (mifal@wmdata.com)
Network Services
WM-data Dataservice AB, BOX 164, S-295 22 BROMOLLA