SUN Client - AIX Server Connection fails

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SUN Client - AIX Server Connection fails
From: Kammerstetter Bernhard <kmt@ATIBM1.SOFTLAB.CO.AT>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:26:31 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

there's NetView Server 5.1 running on AIX 4.2 (FW 3.6), what works fine. Now I
installed a NetView Client on Solaris 2.5.
The installation of SEA and the client software completed succesfully.
After I configured the client at the server and vice versa all the necessary
mounts are done but I can't connect the NetView client to the server running on
the AIX-box.
Whenever I try a 'nvstatus' there is no response for a new minutes and then i
get the message:

nvstatus: Cannot contact the mgragentd daemon for daemon status.
Make sure that the mgragentd daemon is running on the server.

I check the 'mgragentd'-daemon on the NetView Server machine serveral times-
it's up and running.

What could be the reason for this problem???

Tanx in advance

B. Kammerstetter