NV Service Point

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV Service Point
From: Jens Hahn <hahnj@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:03:47 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all -

I've a problem with the delay of NV or maybe also with the NV Service Point.

The alerts which NV generates from the traps we forward via the NV Service
Point to the NV OS/390. The problem is, that the alerts comes with a delay of
an half hour to the NV OS/390. This is not acceptable for us and our customer.

We are using NV 6000 4.1.2 level U453385 on a RS/6K F50 with 4 processors
166MHz and 2 GB RAM. All processors are 25% idle. Therefore the HW should not
be the reason for this delay.

Maybe it can be the reason, that we have some trouble with the ovesmd and
ovelmd. Both daemons are running but sometimes they stop and I don't know why.
If I try to restart the daemons then I get the error message "The Daemons are
not registered!". If I add the daemons with ovaddobj then I get "Successful
Completion". But if I will restart the daemons with ovstart ovesmd ovelmd then
I get the same error message as before. Only if I use ovstart then the daemons
will be started. ?????

Thanks in advance for all hints !!!!

MfG // Best Regards
Jens Hahn