Re: Netvierw AIX 5.1 Books

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netvierw AIX 5.1 Books
From: Gil Irizarry <IRIZARRG@LABS.WYETH.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:54:10 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thank you all.

What do I need to do in order to execute "man nvutil" and get some sort of text
similar to what "man tcp" would generated for a unix command. Is man pages for
Netview a deferent install all together?

>>> James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> 02/05 4:23 PM >>>
If you have not sourced the Tivoli environment  ( .
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh ) before you call dynatext  (use the dtext command
on the command line) then it will not know which set of books to use.  When
the books are installed properly, then the script picks up and sets the
EBTRC environment variable.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support