Re: can i build my own interface?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: can i build my own interface?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:40:36 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes, you can use Visual C++, if you can get it to compile on the platform
(operating system) that you want NetView to run on.  That would mean
NetView for NT only, because I don't believe Microsoft has a version for
any UNIX.  For UNIX I'd recommend xlc on AIX, and gcc for Solaris and
Digital.  The latter is available free off the web.

To learn what you can do and how you would do it, please see the NetView
Programmer's Guide and Programmer's Reference, which are shipped as
softcopy books with the product.   If you have access to the old hardcopy
versions of those books which shipped with V4, they would do for starters
too.  Of course, any updates would be missing, but I think most of  the
changes have been clarifications.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

essam maghawry <mgmtproj@USA.NET> on 02/11/99 05:08:27 AM