Having problems getting simple pass on match ruleset functioning.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Having problems getting simple pass on match ruleset functioning.
From: Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:35:29 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Hi ,
     does anyone know of any wierd problems relating to the pass on match
ruleset function under Solaris (I have found a few Solaris only glitches
now).

I am trying to implement a similar solution to which Joe sent me last week
for creating a Node_Down threshold, I can get the pass on match to work
when there is a Node_Up and Node_Down within a time frame (ie 10mins), but
I cannot get it to work when there isn't a Node_Up event within 10mins
after the Node_Down event.

Am I trying to implement this the wrong way, must there be a second event
for this function to work ??

Attached is test.rs which is a very simple test I cannot get to work.

Maybe I am going about this the wrong way ??

Mark

(See attached file: test.rs)