FW: Pink interfaces & Disconnected segments

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: Pink interfaces & Disconnected segments
From: îåìé àñà <muliassa@NETVISION.NET.IL>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:32:43 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-----Original Message-----
From:   muli [SMTP:mulia@bll.co.il]
Sent:   ä ôáøåàø 25 1999 18:01
To:     'nv-listserv'
Subject:        Pink interfaces & Disconnected segments

Help !!!

I have 2 questions for the forum:

A:
1) On other site we have Bay BLN with FR, TR & ATM interfaces
2) The problem - The ATM networks don't connected to the BLN
3) I checked the object database and found that the interfaces where discovered
but I don't see them on the BLN
4) I tried to add them manually, the networks becomes connected but the
interfaces remain blue (unmanag & manage didn't solve the problem)

B:
1) We have IBM 2210 routers with 2 wan interfaces - FR & ISDN
2) On each interface we configured 4 IP Addresses for redundancy
3) The ISDN Interface is Administratively down and therefore its interfaces are
pink
4) The problem - The pink interfaces don't change to green when the interface
becomes up (Their 'IP Address' end with AD).

muli