Re: 8260 port traffic/utilization monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: 8260 port traffic/utilization monitoring
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@KARDINIA.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:54:52 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You need to know which enterprise MIB(s) the 8260 supports, then load that
into NetView if not already loaded, then you should be able to use
NetView's MIB browser (under Tools menu item) to retrieve these enterprise
MIB variables.
You should also be able to retrieve MIB-II variables with the MIB browser.
Yes, you can also retrieve them from a command line, use snmpget or
snmpnext (just type the command name to get prompted with the required
syntax).
 At 02:15 PM 3/1/99 +0800, you wrote:

>To:   nv-l@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu
>cc:
>From: Michael Tsai/Taiwan/IBM @ IBMTW
>Subject:  8260 port traffic/utilization monitoring
>

>Hello,
>
>I installed Neview V5.0 for AIX, and also Nways Mgr for AIX V1.2.1
>(Campus Mgr for Lan), I am trying to monitor 8260 each slot/port
>traffic respectively, I knew that I can use Nways Campus Mgr for
>lan to monitor 8260 port traffic what I expected, but it should operate
>by Nways Mgr interface, not thru Netview interface, in other words,
>I can not check/review 8260 interface traffic thru standard MIB-II
>flow, which meant there is no standard MIB-II value can be discovered
>by Netview interface, my question is:
>can I review/check those private MIB value which collected from
>8260 slot/port traffic data thru Netview interface, if I already installed
>Nways Campus Mgr for LAN ? if not, can I also locate them by command
>line?

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com