Re: Graph starting point

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Graph starting point
From: John Creasey <creasey@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:35:50 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have a similar problem.
After upgrading from NV5.0 to NV5.1 graphing no longer
works for us.  It seems to show data only up to the date that
the upgrade was done, despite the fact that snmpColDumps show
there is plenty of valid data.

I have reported this as a bug, but so far I have had no
useful response.  I am suspicious that it may be related to the
change in the data file structure for the snmp data files.
Netview 5.0 changed the file format by removing one "." between
the mib name and the interface.  This appears to have been fixed
in 5.1 and I suspect that xnmgraph is still looking at the old
files.

Its a pain for us as we use that graphing code a lot for fault
diagnosis.

John Creasey
Advantra.