Re: Netview 5.1 in AIX & TEC in NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5.1 in AIX & TEC in NT
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:58:46 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well, first, Default.rs is not a complete ruleset.  It is a virtually empty
one which comes up when you start the Ruleset editor.  All it has is the
event stream node.  So it does nothing.  You need to pick a ruleset which
works.
Try forwardall.rs if you don't have anything else.   If you choose another
one,  test it  in a dynamic workspace first.  If you don't see any events
in the workspace, you won't see them in TEC either.

Second, your ServerLocation is better put as a fully-quailifed name:
hostname.domain_name

And third, if your TEC is on NT then you must edit tecint.conf and add a
ServerPort statement to match what you have running on NT.  NT has no
portmapper daemon to route things over to the correct port the way UNIX
does.
The usual default is     ServerPort=5529
but you should check your config to make certain that is valid.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Yossie Mousalli <mousalli@APPLICOM.CO.IL> on 03/04/99 09:17:58 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>