Re: NetView 4.1 Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 4.1 Collections
From: Mearl Danner <jmdanner@SAMFORD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:07:25 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I use wtcoll. It's mentioned in one of the Redbooks, but
does not come with Netview. I ftp'ed it from one of IBM's
servers, but I think the one I used no longer exists. Maybe
someone else can help with a location.

Here is the help screen.

Please choose one of the following options:

(1)  [-CreateCol] to create a collection
     parameters:collection name, Collection Rule, Description

(2)  [-SetField]    to change a field value
     parameters: collection name, field name, value

(3)  [-CreateField]  Add a new field to ovw database
     parameters: collection name, field name, value
(4)  [-listSelectionNames] to list the selection name of
                           all objects of a collection
     parameters: collection name

(5)  [-deleteCollection]   to delete a collection
     parameters: collection name

(6)  [-isnodeincoll]  to check to see if a given node is
                      in a named collection.
     parameters: node name, collection name
     The return code from this command is 1 if the node is in the
     collection and 0 otherwise.

wtcoll -listSelectionNames collectionname

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:23:17 -0600 Art DeBuigny
<debuigny@DALLAS.NET> wrote:

> All;
>
> In NetView 4.1 for AIX, how do I get a text dump of the members of a
> collection?
>
> I'd hate to have to copy those guys out manually.
>
> Art DeBuigny
> Bank of America / NationsBank Network Operations
> debuigny@dallas.net

Mearl Danner
Network Engineer
Email: jmdanner@samford.edu