NetView 5.10 / DB2 2.1.2 On-line DB Topology Data Repository

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView 5.10 / DB2 2.1.2 On-line DB Topology Data Repository
From: Michael Ashauer <michael_ashauer@INS.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:32:24 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
ENVIRONMENT
AIX 4.3.2 RS6000/43P
Memory 256KB
NetView 5.10 - FW 3.6
4500 Objects

I am trying to get a firm confirmation/stability support for DB2/6000 2.1.2
- NetView 5.10 IP Topology Data Integration.

The NetView Architecture requires that the NetView - DB2/6000
Implementation writes directly to the database verses EXPORTING the data.

I do not  have a comfort level deploying this in an production environment.
 IBM Tivoli Customer Support does NOT recommend it !   I have also
experienced the discovery process HANGS/VERY SLOW.

Any Other DB Support Experience Recommendation ?
Oracle
Sybase
Informix
SQL Server

I opened a case to get clarification wether the NetView 5.10 DB flat file
inconsistencies utility checking commands still apply.  These utilities are
important to verify NetView functionality and responsiveness.
THEY DO !!!!

Also, NetView - DB2/6000 Tuning / System Administration Helpful Hints would
be useful/painful

Thanks mike