Re: upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1.1
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:17:21 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The move from V5.0 to V5.1 is a migration, but the move to V5.1.1 from V5.1
is just a patch.

You have to do the migration as you described it to get to V5.1.  Then you
make a backup (of the whole system I say) before you install 5.1.1.   The
install of 5.1.1, even if you run the snapshot script to make a pre-patch
backup of the your changed Netview files, only takes about an hour,
Framework included.    You don't need to restore anything unless you have a
failure.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

David Barrett <David.S.Barrett@BANKAMERICA.COM> on 03/09/99 07:54:51 PM