Re: Netview 4 to 5.1 Upgrade chktrapd.con script

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 4 to 5.1 Upgrade chktrapd.con script
From: David Barrett <David.S.Barrett@BANKAMERICA.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:17:25 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I had same issue with 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade.  Tivoli support said that script
was looking for too long of entries.  I used vi to edit
/usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf file.  You need to leave the SDESC header, but I
removed the options pieces of those statements.  Example
SDESC
This trap is generated when the long tem link
error rate, fddimibPORTLerEstimate, crosses the
fddimibPORTLerAlarm threshold.  The variables are
found in IETF FDDI MIB RFC-1512.

There were some lines that followed this, so I deleted them.  I left the
next EDESC header in place and reran the check script.

db

"Radcliffe Jr, Arthur W" <arthur.radcliffe@AETNA.COM> on 03/11/99 11:14:15
AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>