Re: No events coming through Control desk

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: No events coming through Control desk
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:18:47 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yeah, you can just restart the daemons and that should get things going
again, but it doesn't begin to tell you what is wrong.
ovstatus will tell you if the daemons are running.  If not, restart 'em and
look for cores in /usr/OV/PD/cores.  If they are running, then you have to
look for other evidence.

I would suggest you start with netstat -a  and look for sockets with high
values in their Send and Receive  queues.   If you find some, and they are
nvcorrd sockets, it is time to look at any rulesets you have running in ESE
automation.  It is also a good  procedure to look at trapd.log and see what
is the last trap shown there versus what is the last trap in an event
window.  I always try the event command to see if that one shows up
anywhere.

Depending on what you find, and how often it happens, a call to Support is
in order.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM> on 03/11/99 03:27:40 PM