"Problem with NetView API - callback functions"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: "Problem with NetView API - callback functions"
From: "Vijay P.Kirpalani" <vijayk@INDUS.HCLT.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:56:17 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <vijayk@indus.hclt.com>
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am having a problem with NetView API's/callback functions -

  In the  callback  functions
1.
 void (*OVwConfirmCreateSymbolsCB) (void *userData,
        OVwEventType type, OVwMapInfo *map, OVwSymbolList
        *symbolList);
2.
void (*OVwConfirmDeleteSubmapsCB) (void *userData,
        OVwEventType type, OVwMapInfo *map, OVwSubmapList
        *submapList);

i am registering for the create and delete symbols events
respectively . But I am unable to distinguish whether the
delete/create symbol event is  due to a user initiated
action (cut/paste) or by a  application create/delete symbol api
call.

 IS THERE A MECHANISM FOR THIS ? SOME ALTERNATIVE ???

Thanks in advance for any help/hints.

regards,

Vijay Kirpalani